Recently I needed to select best hosted service for some datastore to use for a large and complex project. Starting from Heroku and AppFog’s add-ons I found many free plans useful to test service and/or to use in production if your app is small enough (as example this blog runs on Heroku PostgreSQL’s Dev plan). Here the list:
- Xeround (Starter plan): 5 connection and 10 MB of storage
- ClearDB (Ignite plan): 10 connections and 5 MB of storage
- RedisToGo (Nano plan): 5MB, 1 DB, 10 connections and no backups.
- RedisCloud by Garantia Data: 20MB, 1 DB, 10 connections and no backups.
- MyRedis (Gratis plan): 5MB, 1 DB, 3 connections and no backups.
- IrisCouch (up to 5$): No limits, usage fees for HTTP requests and storage.
- Cloudant (Oxygen plan): 150,000 request, 250 MB of storage.
PostgreSQL – Heroku PostgreSQL (Dev plan): 20 connections, 10.000 rows of data
Cassandra – Cassandra.io (Beta on Heroku): 500 MB and 50 transactions per second
Riak – RiakOn! (Sandbox): 512MB of memory
Hadoop – Treasure Data (Nano plan): 100MB (compressed), data retention for 90 days
Neo4j – Heroku Neo4j (Heroku AddOn beta): 256MB of memory and 512MB of data.
OrientDB – NuvolaBase (Free): 100MB of storage and 100.000 records
TempoDB – TempoDB Hosted (Development plan): 50.000.000 data points, 50 series.
JustOneDB – Heroku JustOneDB (Lambda plan): 50MB of data