Things I learned this week about MongoDB:
- Duplicated data and a denormalized schema are good to be faster especially if if your data doesn’t change often.
- Allocate more space for objects on disk is hard also for mongoDB. Do it early.
- Preprocess you data and create index to speed up queries you actually do is a damn good idea.
- The query order (with AND and OR operators) is really important.
- Use journaling and replication to keep safe you data.
50 Tips and Tricks for MongoDB Developers
by Kristina Chodorow